Friday, August 17, 2012

Never Got the Book, Straight in to the Pan...

안녕!
Some kind of down news this evening. Work related. (*It seems I can't get work out of my mind and it's only my second day.) It isn't too bad and it's a good, valuable learning experience.
~~~~~
So, yesterday was my first day and things were a bit jumbled. I didn't have my own clock in/out code so I wasn't able to use the register under my own name and ended up working under someone else's. (*I covered this on the previous post.) That day I only got to sell things. I didn't do returns, sell back, or anything that was beyond selling the items which they paid for with a credit/debit card.

 Now today comes around and we get the whole clock in/out thing situated and I can handle money and do all that great jazz. The only problem is that I am not going to be trained for it. All I got was a few times to watch everyone else do it which works for people who are visual learners and that is not me. I am a hands on/physical learner and nothing is understandable to me unless I am doing it with my own two hands.

Basically what my boss does is show me a few things on the computer here and there and leaves me to it. I'm all good of course, but since it's my first time doing I mess up a few times or just want to check and make sure I'm doing things correctly. (*Mind you...she already knows this is my first job EVER!) And everyone who has had a job and has worked the register knows how important it is to get that money right or it's a problem. After a few times of me asking her for help it started to seem like she was getting frustrated, but if I was given training then I would not have to do all of this. (*I talked to my mother about it when I got home and she said that it couldn't possibly be me that was the problem and that it was just the fact that she was busy. This is fact because she is running around a lot and most times it takes a while to find her if you need her.)

I was really kind of thrown off by that whole expecting me to do it without training. I get that a lot of times people like to just throw you in there, but that wont work for me. I am very logical person and I don't just do things just because it's what it seems like something I need to do. To some extent being logical is a good thing, but then it isn't so great for situations like these. In due time I will learn. You've got to learn things sooner or later and there is no telling how you will be learning it.

Soooo...until I have something else interesting to write about, you have read the *~Secrets~*

No comments:

Post a Comment